If you are like other non-profits out there, chances are that you would always need money. In fact, non-profits would always need money to undertake their projects. Funds are constantly being raised but they never come on time to meet project and budget schedules. When these things happen, the best solution is to turn to the following great tips and you will be successful in raising funds for your non-profit or school.
The demographics of your donors should be considered
According to Giving USA, the largest source of philanthropic giving in the U.S. is individuals. Ensure that the demographics of your already existing donors and their database. Things like their age, gender, and educational level should be considered. Through this database, you can craft a plan to meet new donors who have the same demographic information and reach them with your message.
Try to identify individuals and corporations that have donated towards similar cause
As you organize your campaign to get funds for your school or non-profit, you should do a little research and find out about organizations that have given towards similar cause. What this means is that they are likely to give towards your event if they are geared towards certain campaigns. For instance, there are companies that donate towards environmental issues only. This way, if your campaign is geared towards an eco-friendly campaign, then you are sure of grabbing the attention of such organization.
Explore the possibilities of partnerships
One way of raising funds for your school or non-profit is to create partnerships and collaborations with other non-profits who might be in the cause as you are. It is an effective way of bringing campaigns and strategies together in order to get more donors for a particular cause. Though it might not be easy making other organisations understand your intent, but you can try to convince them of how your campaign would be both beneficial to you and them in carrying out their policies.Try to articulate to them how their workload would be drastically reduced and how they can increase their fundraising opportunities by participating in the collaboration.
Establish and create credibility for your online presence
Does your organization have a social media page or a website? If so, then it is a good chance for you in establishing your online presence and marketing your campaign altogether. Potential donors, in order to identify the legitimacy of an organization, they first do an online search to find out the activities of the organization. This gives them a first-hand view of what the organization is about and whether they should support the cause or not. You can access your community college students who can build you a good online presence. This is normally useful, especially if you are short on budget.
These are tips that should help you have a successful fundraising event for a school or a non-profit making organization. Make sure to put these into practice and get better results.
Established in 1959, the Educational Foundation of America has been working toward improving aspects of education throughout the Unites States. Foundations like the EFA are all labors of love, because their goal is not to bring in money, like a capitalist system, but instead are dedicated to the improvement of the education in the United States. As the media likes to continually show us, America’s education system is getting behind the rest of the world, putting our reputation as a first world country and the greatest country in the world, at stake.
Here are a few facts about the Educational Foundation of America to help you better understand what is so great about them.
- There are three major grant focuses of the EFA. Their areas include the arts, the environment, and reproductive health and justice. The EFA has met controversy in the past because of its encouragement of healthy sexual education for children as well as keeping abortion and reproductive rights available to those who need them.
- The foundations will not accept any unsolicited letters of inquiry or any unsolicited proposals. What this means is that a single person cannot just write to the EFA and expect that they will gain a profit from it. You have to go through the proper channels and systems in order to request money from the EFA.
- The foundation was created by husband and wife team Richard Prentice Ettinger and Elise P. Ettinger. Mr. Ettinger became a professor at New York University when he was 18, since he already had obtained his law degree, but was too young to take the New York bar exam. It was during his time as professor that he realized the lack of teaching materials that were accessible and adequate, resulting in his creation of an educational publishing house as well as writing a textbook on creditors’ rights.
- Even after Mr. Ettinger passed away in 1996, his family kept the initial vision of the school alive and going, promoting more effective teaching methods got higher education. The original idea of supplying educators with the tools that they need in order to effectively educate their students still exists today, but has been expanded to include other important educational areas as well.
- Their passion for reproductive rights was started by Mrs. Elaine P. Hapgood after she attended an International Planned Parenthood Foundation Conference. There, she learned about the population concerns that face many other places in the world. It was after this that Mrs. Hapgood dedicated her life to providing reproductive health services to both men and women without discrimination.
- The EFA is part of the Divest-Invest Initiative. The Divest-Invest Initiative is a group of foundations that made a pledge to divest their endowments from fossil fuels. The environment was another passion of Mrs. Hapgood’s and, following in her footsteps, the EFA has remained dedicated to any steps that they can take to help improve the environment as well as the education on how to improve the environment.
- The EFA is focused in not supporting companies that contribute to anything that the EFA is trying to get rid of. This means that they will continue in their pledge to protect the environment while supporting the arts as well as ensuring that youth have safe access to reproductive health services, as they should be. It is tricky to keep track of all of the secret lobbyists who may be supporting something you do not agree with on the side, so this means that perhaps it takes a great while for them to approve grant funding of anything since they have be careful about what they are supporting.